I haven’t blogged in awhile, mostly because I’ve been a lazy bum who hasn’t been inspired to cook anything new and exciting.
But I’m baaaaaaack – with a recipe that is easy, tasty, and would make you look a little fancy if you served it to someone.
One of the more ingenious paleo swaps I’ve come across is the swap of mayonnaise for avocado in chicken salad. In my humble opinion, it tastes better than regular chicken salad. And, you get some healthy fats, in which is always good.
This dish is served up in the skin of the avocado you just used, which makes this carb-less paleo meal look more appetizing.
So here’s my recipe, adapted from this recipe.
Here’s what you need:
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 small cooked chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1 handful spinach, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
Here’s what to do:
- Start by cutting your avocado in half, discarding the pit.
- With one of the halves, mash it up good in a mixing bowl.
- Add the spices and mix it all together.
- Add in the chicken, roasted red peppers, and spinach.
- Squeeze the lime juice over the mixture.
- Gently mix it all together to combine.
- Plop it into the avocado skins and serve alongside something green.
Recipe serves two people that don’t eat a lot or one person that’s pretty hungry. Eat it by yourself. I won’t tell.