During the week, I drink my green juice, I eat my grilled chicken, and I only drink 1/2 a glass of red wine.
On the weekends, I think brunch and mimosas. I think fast food and french fries. I think greasy food and beers.
When I really think about it, that’s really the backbone to why I’m even doing this Whole 30 business. I want to develop a better relationship with food. One where I don’t Google “health benefits of Swiss chard” during the week and shovel an entire order of queso into my mouth all weekend.
So, while I’m on this Whole 30 journey, I’m going to try to make and eat food that is delicious and nutritious and something I’ll actually want to eat after my Whole 30.
So, without further ado, I present these grilled lemon and herb chicken wings. They are so delicious and flavorful. I made them on my Cuisinart Griddler (that I’m obsessed with by the way) but you can make them on an outdoor grill and you’ll get more charring (as well as that smoky flavor).
Grilled Lemon & Herb Wings (adapted from here)
- 2 lbs. chicken wings
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon minced onion
- 1/2 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- Rinse the wings. Pat them dry.
- Place the wings into a sealable plastic baggie.
- One by one, add each ingredient to the plastic baggie.
- Seal it up and shake, shake, shake!
- Place into the refrigerator and marinate for 3 to 4 hours.
- After the wings are thoroughly marinated, drain off the excess marinade and discard.
- Place the wings on the grill, turning every now and then so they don’t burn.
- Take the temperature of the wings just to make sure they’re done. They should have an internal temp of 165 degrees.
- Serve up with sweet potato fries and broccoli for a healthy, well rounded meal!